PS3 Eye

IMG_2910

Playstation Eye for PS3 (USB)
Video Capture: 640x480
Field of View: 56˚ to 75˚ FOV zoom lens
Frame Rate: 60fps (640x480) or 120fps (320x240)

It finally came in the mail. Although this was not any particular milestone, I should add that I spent a good 15 minutes SIMPLY TRYING TO OPEN THE PACKAGING. I just had to say that this reminded me of the time I bought a £3.99 blender from Argos and spent more time wrestling with the plastic packaging and reducing the hard plastic shell packaging to disorderly splintery bits with a blunt scissor in the process of trying to extricate the goddamn product - and then everyone said, "But why of course, you bought it from Argos..." Why do companies fashion such impenetrable packaging for certain electrical/electronic products?

I installed macam and it works with my mac without a cinch. Interestingly, I can even run both my mac's inbuilt camera and the PS3 Eye (via macam) at the same time?

twocamerascropped

Uncanny resemblance of the word "macam" with the slang word "maciam". Brings unexpected local flavour to this rather functional program. "MACIAM NOT COMPATIBLE THEN HOW?" That is my greatest fear. Or do I have faith in information from the internets?

Next: to test this particular camera for use with reactivision, and to modify it for infrared.

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Followers