Orchard River And Other New Singapore Rivers

I did a radio interview on "The Living Room" on 938LIVE last week - much thanks to the Substation for arranging this. You can stream it from that link or download it here (18MB).

Meanswhile, due to work overload, things have been going a bit slower than I would have hoped. So far, I've sketched out the shape of what the setup will be like and the carpentry will be done soon.





I'm waiting for the PS3 Eye that I've ordered to arrive and after that I will need to find someone more nifty with disassembly to help me / guide me in removing the IR filter. Perhaps it is idealistic to hope that we can do this entirely with guides and information found on the internet, but CAN WE DO IT PLEASE!



In other news, there have been heavy rains here, with apparently 60% of the entire month of June's rain within a 3 hr rainfall occurring on 16th June - resulting in flash floods in Singapore, in unlikely places such as Orchard Road. thus causing it to be dubbed as "Orchard River".



Now it has become clear why underground MRT stations here have raised entrances - to prevent flooding! Also, in videos on youtube, you will notice that the water was flowing in the direction of the cars or away from Delfi. Here is a map from Stomp explaining the location of the blocked drain:



This is a picture of the singapore river later that evening, the same brown colour as "orchard river", instead of its normal army camouflage green. I contemplated going down to town to see how wet it was in orchard, but, seriously... no.

Image024

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Followers