Singapore River Timelapse



The View from Cavenagh Bridge


Yesterday Keshav and Jared kindly helped me shoot a timelapse of the River, which we are going to edit down into a small introductory video for the exhibition. Coincidentally, in trying to find the words to articulate the tone I wanted to go for, I discovered the "Blue Hour". Apparently the French have already thought of a word for it (ah! they think of everything!) - with the expression "l'heure bleue", referring to the blue part of twilight, between darkness and daylight.

I've seen the phrase "Blue Hour" thrown around in photography forums such as like skyscrapercity, but bizarrely, for quite some time I always thought it was some internationally francised club that happened to set up shop at locations with magnificient aerial views of different urban cities. I was led to this mistaken conclusion because of the odd way in which it is sometimes spoken about - as if the Blue Hour is actually a physical space and not a time of day.

"Yeah, I was there at the Blue Hour yesterday, it was really cool."

bluehour

my "blue hour" moodboard

a. ferris wheel scene, chris yeo's in the house of straw, 2010
b. photo i took at dawn, 2007
c. gaspar noe's enter the void, 2009

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Followers