Drupal, WP Geo and Google Maps

Last night I spent a considerable number of hours wrestling with Drupal, Views, Location, Gmaps, and the confounding CCK. I dont think I fully understand Drupal's taxonomy yet, so maybe that's why its still a struggle to edit Drupal. And so this morning I woke up early, deleted Drupal off my server, installed Wordpress and WP Geo - AND GOT EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED UP AND RUNNING IN LITERALLY HALF AN HOUR. With simply Wordpress and WP Geo!

Nuff said.

ITS UP AND I'M READY TO DOCUMENT IT ALL!

http://psychogeography.sg/river








Site building

I'm no web developer, but a peculiar thing happened again which I don't really understand. Each time I create a new database, it seems to suggest to me that the hostname would naturally be that string of numbers that appears behind it - in this case, the 209 number. In fact, the EVIL, evil MySQL Manager even says that its the Hostname.



But it is not! I actually have to go into phpMyAdmin to find out the real server hostname, which in this case is actually a 216 number as reflected on top. The last time I installed Drupal, I vaguely recall the exact same thing happening? WHY? WHAT IS THAT FIRST MYSTERIOUS NUMBER FOR THEN?



NON COMPRENDRE. Can anyone explain this?




psychogeography.sg/river was built with:
Wordpress 3.0
WP Geo Plugin
Foliogrid Template

No Responses

Leave a Reply

Followers